- 2 cups fresh sweet cherries, pitted
- 2 tablespoons blanched slivered almonds
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar (can reduce to 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk (2% or whole milk)
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract (can sub 2 teaspoons of Amaretto)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar for dusting
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare cherries and slivered almonds over the bottom of a greased baking dish.
Mix together eggs, salt, sugar and flour until smooth. Add milk, almond extract and vanilla extract.
Whisk until smooth. Pour the batter over the cherries and slivered almonds and bake at 350°F for 35-45 minutes
Remove from oven to cool. When cool dust the clafoutis with powdered sugar and serve.